Friday, April 10, 2009

No more monkey's jumping off the bed









Cascade and McKinley were jumping off our bed one evening. I asked them to stop since Mac doesn't really jump, she just flops and the bed is as tall as she is. Well as most kids, they did not stop until McKinley started crying. This happened Wednesday night about 8:30pm. I gave her some Tylenol and she fell asleep in my arms and slept all night, so at this point was not too concerned. Thursday she would not put any weight on her leg, but was not crying at all. Long story short, I took her in Friday morning to the ortho doctor I work for (Dr. Gross) and sure enough there was a spiral fracture on her right tibia. She was a great patient through it all. She let them x-ray it with no fight and just sat there while they put the cast on. She did look at Katy with the face of "what did you just do to me" when all was said and done.

1 comment:

Teresa Jolley said...

They never learn :) and usually it's the boys that wind up with the broken bones. Poor girl.